20 Positive Affirmations to Tell Yourself Each Day
A lot of the time, if we listen to the conversations within ourselves, the things we say aren’t always kind, especially when things aren’t going quite according to plan. We have a tendency to beat ourselves up for the smallest mistakes and don’t give ourselves enough credit when we do something right.
Unfortunately, studies have shown that we have a predisposition to bias towards negativity, with our brains wired to having a greater sensitivity to negative over positive events. Over time, we start to believe the things we tell ourselves – whether they are true or not.
The good thing is that we are equipped with the innate ability to change the conversation we have with ourselves – by acknowledging our inner critic and replacing these negative “truths” that we may have learned, observed or inherited with the positive. Your life is the result of your decisions – and we can make a decision to turn our self-limiting thoughts into positive, reaffirming ones.
Here are 20 positive affirmations to start telling ourselves each day:
1. I am enough.
2. I am free to create the life that I want.
3. My life is full of opportunities and they are there for me to take hold of.
4. I am comfortable in my own skin.
5. There is no limit to what I can achieve.
6. I forgive the ones who have hurt me.
7. My mistakes do not define me.
8. I am allowed to take as much time as I need to heal.
9. I am in charge of my own happiness.
10. I am capable of making my own decisions.
11. I am in control of how I react to others.
12. I deserve happiness.
13. I am worthy.
14. I have the power to create or change things.
15. Negative thoughts only have the power I allow them.
16. I choose to see the good in everyone.
17. I choose gratitude.
18. I will take challenges as life lessons.
19. I have a right to be treated with respect.
20. I don’t need someone else’s opinions to define me.
Written by Jane Yeoh